We live our days completely ignorant of the true terrors lurking around us. Only rarely do our experiences draw back the veil of shadows and reveal the horror in our midst. These glimpses into the supernatural can cause us to retreat into comforting lies — “There are no such things as monsters” — or stir our morbid curiosity. Only a few, however, can overcome their fear and dare to look deeper.
These are the Chronicles of Darkness, tales of a world like ours, but just slightly wrong. A place we recognize, but where our fears take on lives of their own. It includes:
- Mage: The Awakening 2nd Edition follows mystery-addicted willworkers as they seek to understand the Fallen World.
- Promethean: The Created 2nd Edition is about the long road to becoming human.
- Demon: The Descent tells stories of the fallen servants of a monstrous God, and their struggle to find their own personal Hells.
- Werewolf: The Forsaken 2nd Edition tells stories of spiritual threats and unrelenting hunters.
- Changeling: The Lost 2nd Edition explores how to reclaim your stolen life, while defending those around you from forces they could never understand.
- Beast: The Primordial explores what it means to discover you’re a creature of nightmare, heir to ancient monsters like Medusa and Fenris.
- Vampire: The Requiem 2nd Edition is a game of personal horror and visceral drama set in a society of predators that exists alongside ours.
- Hunter: The Vigil 2nd Edition is about plain ol’ humans who don’t just encounter the supernatural… they hunt it down and make it pay.
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.