|Order:||Guardians of the Veil •••|
- 1 Personal Information
- 2 Appearance
- 3 Personality
- 4 Characteristics
- 5 Mortal World
- 6 Awakened Society
- 7 Known Information
- 8 Timeline
- 9 Recent Events
- 10 Quotes
- 11 Conversations
- 12 Rumours
- 13 Inspirations and Soundtrack
- 14 OOC Information
INFORMATION HERE IS CONSIDERED OOC UNLESS OTHERWISE MARKED.
Dantalion appears to be around 6'1" tall, weighing around 70kg. He has neck-length, straight black hair with bangs. He's cleanly shaven with steel-blue eyes and pale skin. Looks to be in his early 20's. He can usually be found wearing dark coloured lightweight clothes that are easy to move around in. Hoodies and sweatpants are a personal favourite. He can often be found carrying a leather-bound tome and an iron coin on his person. When in a situation that requires the use of magic, Dantalion can sometimes be seen with an iron mask and a cutlass.
- Immediate Nimbus: Space itself twists and shapes itself around the Mage, forcing them to be the centre of attention no matter which angle you look at them from. Their presence crushes down on your mind as you feel your sense of control being overridden -- your actions now being corrected and guided by a pounding voice in the back of your head.
- Nimbus Tilt: -2 Resolve, +1 Manipulation
Dantalion radiates cool. He's sure of himself, knows what must be done and has no qualms about being coy. Unfortunately, this means that he often comes off as an icy prick to most people he meets.
- Seers of the Throne
- The Abyss
- People that like to stick their nose where it doesn't belong.
- Astral Travel / Exploration
- Magical Enhancement
- Solving puzzles and riddles
- Watching re-runs of old game shows on TV.
Sleeper Alias: ???
Sleeper Occupation: ???
Order Status: Epopt of the Adelaide Guardians of the Veil. •••
Consilium Status: Councillor of the Adelaide Consilium. ••
Titles: Second Degree Adept of Mind and Space, Disciple of Life, Apprentice of Prime, Initiate of Death
- ???? - Born somewhere in South Australia.
- ???? - Awoke as a Mastigos and took the Shadow Name of 'Dantalion' after the 71st of the 72 spirits of Solomon.
- 2012 - Successfully made it through the Labyrinth, passing with flying colors. Initiated into the Guardians of the Veil and began training with Umbra Regis.
- 2012 - Introduced to Lanceolate and his Cabal shortly after joining the Guardians of the Veil.
- 2013 - Met fellow Guardian Alysia while she was in town on a 'job'. The two of them got along well and a professional friendship was born.
- 2014 - Introduced to Umbra Regis's son and fellow local Guardian Johnny Whisper, quickly becoming friends.
- 2017 - Began taking more interest in the affairs of the local Consilium and regularly attending Consilium meetings.
- 2018 - Claimed the title of an Adept of Mind, later also claimed the title of an Adept of Space.
- JULY - After it had been discovered that the Labyrinth created by Umbra Regis had been corrupted, Dantalion and several other Guardians took measures to contain the Labyrinth. Thoth and Inspector Hughes, Guardians from Launceston, aided the Adelaide cell.
- SEPTEMBER - Turned up to a Consillium meeting in person and introduced himself as a member of the local Guardians of the Veil. Going off of a tip provided by Johnny Whisper, the local Awakened planned and set the stage for the attempted capture of Faith; a member of the Seers of the Throne. Dantalion aided the Consillium in their fight against the Seer.
- OCTOBER - Began investigations into the Seer known as Kefka. Went dark during this time.
- NOVEMBER - Dantalion attended the local Consillium meeting in order to pass on information about Kefka to Hierarch Regis. Later that night, he entered the mind of Conger in an attempt to discover the source of his nightmares. Was present when Hierarch Regis caused conflict between the Awakened by enacting harsh punishment on Anthea. Sided with Hierarch Regis and forcefully subdued Conger via the use of the Mind Arcanum, causing some upset within the Consillium.
- DECEMBER - With tensions still cooling between various members of the Consilium, Dantalion decides it best to focus on his own personal life.
- JANUARY - Dantalion leaves the comfort of Adelaide and travels north on a pilgrimage in order to further deepen his connection to Pandemonium. Upon returning, his success in the trials sees him taking on a new title: Adept of Mind.
- FEBURARY - Returned to Adelaide and met with the local Consillium once again. Reunited with Alysia, a colleague whom he had worked with several years prior. With Johnny Whisper also reemerging, the three Guardians begin concocting a plan that just might give the Consilium an edge over the local Seers of the Throne.
- MARCH - As the Guardians continue their investigations into suspected Seer Marcus O'Connell, Dantalion steps back from the Councillor position, instead choosing to pass the responsibility over to Johnny Whisper. This goes exactly as intended.
- APRIL - Although not entirely involved in the affairs of the Consillium during this time, he continues to watch from afar with interest and coordinate the efforts of the local Guardian caucus. In order to further protect himself from the influence of Kefka and the other Seers of the Throne, Dantalion makes a personal visit to a loved one -- which goes horribly wrong when he is attacked by a Vampire Nurse and forced to defend himself, destroying her in the process.
- MAY - TBA
- JUNE - TBA
- JULY - TBA
- AUGUST - Dantalion attends an impromptu Consilium gathering held in the upstairs function area of Hindley Street bar. Though their number was small, the Mages managed to make a decent amount of headway into figuring out the truth behind the mysterious AISO letters. At the behest of Guy Incognito, he later attended a gathering of Vampires, where he spoke on the dangers of the Abyss and discovered that the task of investigating AISO had been unceremoniously dumped on the Guardians' long list of issues to pursue.
- SEPTEMBER - TBA
- OCTOBER - TBA
- NOVEMBER - TBA
- "While his abilities are certainly a sight to behold, I fear the day that he's no longer able to maintain control over himself."
- - Dantalion about Hephaestus
- "Fucking spook."
- - Anthea in a private conversation.
- Meeting with Alysia to discuss the matter of the local Seers of the Throne:
- Alysia: "Although, and I've mentioned this to Johnny, it's occurred to me that if one Seer is capable of using Life to disguise his appearance how do we know how many different Seers there actually are? Any number of them could be the same person just disguising themselves and we wouldn't be any the wiser."
- Dantalion: "That, my dear, is called the rabbit hole."
- Following a particularly traumatic family gathering in which a Vampire Nurse got hoovered up off the carpet by Johnny Whisper:
- Dantalion: "I'm going to go find somewhere really expensive, then get drunk. You're welcome to come if you want. But before that... I'll go ahead and say it. Genuinely, no bullshit attached. Thank you."
- Later that evening:
- Dantalion: "Wow. That was a first."
- Meeting with Cheshyre at a bar to discuss his new status as a prospective Guardian:
- Dantalion: "So. I've spent the past month supervising you in order to prove to the others that you're not an idiot, a Seer or someone else entirely. You passed that test too. Congrats on the new job, by the way."
- Actually a Seer
- Actually a Scelesti
- Owns a wardrobe with 40 hoodies, all in different shades of black.
- An avid cosplayer
- Master of the Mind Arcanum
- Johnny's half-brother
Inspirations and Soundtrack