Saint Louis is a city constantly on the brink. Often times, it's just a hair short of the next huge boom or the next catastrophic bust. Other times, it finds itself in the spotlight for all the wrong reasons. For many, many years the Night Congress held sway over the city, empowered by the agreement of the City Spirit. In recent times though, the Congress failed, and the city is being rebuilt from the wreckage of the Incident, a wave of riots and mistrust that forced the supernatural community to its knees. With the rebuilding process in full steam, new players have emerged and old ones stir from their slumber as the nights march on. Despite forces attempting to sabotage what they have built, the majority of the local supernaturals have made the decision to remain under the guidance of the night congress, giving them at least a veneer, of civility.
For all 'Out of Character' or real world enquiries contact our Domain Coordinator. All game related enquiries should be directed to the Domain Storyteller, who will either assist you directly or put you in touch with the appropriate Venue Storyteller.
- DC Kyle Blaes
- DST Jekca Totten
The Chronicles of Darkness
NOTE: To see character lists and details of the current cross-genre game, please click on the Venue link: St. Louis Cross Genre CofD
Do you remember your parents telling you there is nothing under your bed? They were wrong. Did you ever worry you were being followed but you convinced yourself it was all in your mind? You were wrong. Things DO go bump in the night...
The World of Darkness is a world of Gothic Horror where lying and stealing will be the least of your worries by the end of the night. It explores vice and virtue in a cruel world. It tests the unknown and supernatural. It delves into madness and mayhem. All while keeping up the pretense that everything is normal and serene.
|aDSTs: Carolina, Alex B, Jess|
|VST Awakening: Chris Howell|
|aVST: Brad Garrett|
|VST Forsaken: Jeff Easterwood|
|VST Primordial: Di Engelhardt|
|VST Requiem: Jekca Totten|
Information for New Players
Where do we Play
Our current site is the American Legion Post 111 in Shrewsbury, MO. The address is 7300 Lansdowne Ave, St. Louis, MO 63119.
When do we Play
Limestone Memories meets every 2nd Saturday at 5:30, with gameplay starting at 6:00.
Rules of the Club
We have some ground rules we ask everyone follow. While this is mainly a rehash or expansion on rules in the Addendum, they're worth restating.
OOC Ground Rules:
- Everyone has the right to Time Outs and Fade to Black: All Participants of any role have a right to call time out during any scene. This works a little differently from Fade to Black. Time Out allows all participants in a scene to stop, take five minutes OOC to take a breath, grab a drink and come back before continuing. Emotions can run very high in Chronicles of Darkness, and that’s great, but we expect players and other participants to know when and have the agency to call time out, pause a scene, and calm down before continuing. If a player is uncomfortable finishing a scene due to content, they have the right to ask the scene to fade to black. When this is done, all players need to agree OOCly on an outcome, and inform the Storyteller as soon as able of what happened. Usually, I’ll have a follow-up chat with everyone involved to make sure everyone’s okay and get a more solid account of what happened.
- The Players drive the game, not the Storyteller: As a storyteller, our greatest joy is watching things go of the rails, escalate, and get insane. We love creating experiences you’ll talk about for years to come, but we can’t do that on my own. To that end we will place adventure seeds and hooks out for your perusal, but we will not, cannot, and shall not make the action happen. PCs aren’t bit parts, they’re the starring roles.
- Come Unarmed: There is a zero tolerance policy for depictions of weapons or blood. Don’t bring them. If we see them, you will immediately be asked to leave and not participate.
- Patronize Our Hosts: We currently play in public space. Please take the time to patronize our hosts and their establishment. They’ll appreciate it, and it will help us be invited back in the future!
IC Ground Rules:
- The Veil Is Real: Guess what? You’re always on the hook for “The Herd Must Not Know” and other such tenets of Supernatural Laws. Even though we’re a multi-genre venue, there’s intentionally a lot the different factions don’t know about one another; Let’s keep it that way. Of course, IC accusations are a great way to undermine someone else’s political clout, if you pull it off…
- The History Changed: There’s a lot of things that are different between the Real Saint Louis we know and love and Saint Louis by Night. If everything is real, and every myth is true, things may have gotten a bit out of hand...
We have a posted list of publically known NPCs on this wiki as well! Check out St. Louis NPC Masterlist for quick links to all the allied NPCs, as well as the antagonists!
We love new players. Come along and we will do our best to make sure you have a fun night. Whether you're new the Club, new to roleplaying, new to Live Action Role Playing (LARP), or an old member that has decided to come back and take a look at what's new and what's stayed the same, we are trilled to have you along!
The Club has some jargon that can be daunting to new people, so here's a quick run down of some of the things you might come across:
|Addenda||Contains custom rules for the LARP. Players should check the Resources for the latest version.|
|OOC||Out of Character|
|MST||Master Storyteller. Global Storyteller at the top of our Storytelling chain|
|NST||National Storyteller. The manage all the games across genre lines across the country|
|GST||Genre Storyteller. They manage all the games of a given genre across the country|
|DST||Domain Storyteller. The person that brings all the VSTs of all the genres run in St. Louis to ensure that there is continuity between each of the games.|
|VST||Venue Storyteller. The person that runs the game!|
|AVST||The VST's Assistant|
Character Creation Guidelines
Here you will find various fun things to help you design a PC for play in the sanctioned chronicle. We encourage well thought out concepts which create story and are inclusive and active in nature. The ST's and other players would love to hear about your ideas and you never know how your idea may take on a life of its own and suddenly plot is born! Why write a solitary character when you could have an entire family?
Concepts which are disruptive are not necessarily discouraged, although please DON'T write in your background that you are a Diablerist/Pure Spy/Servant of the Abyss unless you don't mind getting caught and whacked by PC's.
Global Addenda and Settings Documents These documents spell out the particular rules we play by in our sanctioned chronicle. They include slight modifications to the source books, as well as special approvals for certain concepts and items.
Character Development Document This document has a list of short answer questions that are designed to help you refine you concept and bring to life your new persona. You don't have to use it all, but there are some damn fine ideas and questions in it. The more work you put in the more you get out!
Due to the work involved with completing this document, you will get extra XP awarded to the character you complete it for.
This is not to say you must be a master wordsmith, rather attention to detail and consideration of a fully rounded persona.
If you would like your character to have visited a location featured in Saint Louis or be a part of its history this is welcomed and even encouraged. Please contact the VST with your ideas and suggestions and we'll work to make your character part of our history. There are many roles and "events" which would be far more entertaining if they were populated by player characters. If you wish to have a background link with one of the characters listed here, don't hesitate to contact the player and/or the VST. The aim here is to bring the city to life and create fun inter-character links world wide. There are a couple of caveats.
- 1. What do you want/need and why ?
- 2. How will this come into game and create fun?
There's not much point to it, if it's hidden. What's the point of painting a picture then hiding it. The aim is to create fun plot and character driven interactions for our chronicle either now or in the future.
The VST, DST and players welcome you to approach us and offer suggestions to improve and enrich the chronicle for all of us.