|Concept:||Grizzled extradimensional PI|
OOCly: This character is a Nameless anti-Abyss specialist who assists Pentacle and Nameless mages in learning safe practices and also fighting the Seers, so if you would like character ties please send me a message.
|DeWitt is currently a Sentinel for the Launceston Consilium. |
This provides him license to take whatever action he deems best to:
This authority is granted under the ongoing retroactive review of the Council.
Brown hair, brown eyes, late 20s, 180cm tall, 90kg. Work shirt, rolled sleeves, dual empty shoulder holsters, business pants.
DeWitt is someone who is very clearly trying to be an ally to the Pentacle even though there are apparently reasons he doesn't join their Orders. He's got the "seen some shit" vibe of an ex-soldier, but none of the "fall in line behind me soldier" arrogance that usually goes with it.
Where such things are contrasted, he clearly values the best general outcome for everyone over personal gain. He very clearly makes an effort to assist people who need it, but doesn't try to take charge or meddle. He seems to have a thing about not overstepping boundaries that might be the domain of more important mages.
|A kaleidoscope of alternate universes showing the current scene reflected in infinite variations.
People in proximity to it realise the inconsequential nature of all their decisions; that in the face of the infinitely expanding possibilities of circumstance and outcome, a different version of themselves could easily occupy their role with minimal consequences - and the decisions that one views as meaningful or life-changing may actually amount to meaning very little. But that same understanding of infinite versions of reality can also help to spot clues because by intuiting how the scene might be different, one can also see what is important in the scene in front of them.
Effect: Penalty to Resolve, bonus to and 8-again on Investigation
Learning and knowledge.
Seers and the Abyss.
Seers and the Abyss.
A bit socially withdrawn.
Sleeper Alias and Occupation
Don't ask, that's rude.
- 2007: Is known to have tried to join the Mysterium, was not successful
- 2007-2016: Has appeared all over the country investigating rumours of artifacts or strange events and mentoring Nameless mages
- 2017, Jan: Appeared in Launceston after being pulled there by mages of Den Cirque Av Rozor
"A cornerstone of a successful Consilium is proper territorial management and unconditional sovereignty over that territory."
- - On the importance of security practices for Consilia
"How do you kill a mage? [...] Either without warning, or from a direction they don't expect, or with their participation. This is true in all cases... and the first two are technically the same thing."
- - A homework question for newbie mages
"Like I know the guy is a Seedy Cunt but Jesus. Dewitt was Mentioning Death and Resurrection so his Input probably matters"
- - Invar
Things said between your character and other characters
(NB: Please only add stuff that actually constitutes a rumour - general discussion points about the character, not jokes or individual character conversations. This isn't a quotes section.)
- Is officially an Apostate, not a Nameless - does not appear to want to join any Pentacle Orders
- Received a tentative invite from the Arrow, turned it down over "not wanting to be typecast"
- Is a Space Adept with some skill at Prime, Time and Fate
- Only Adept? Some say more than that...
- Knows a lot about Seers... maybe too much?
- Suspected of being a Seer along with the Interfector (if they exist) and former Heirarch
- Maybe his shadow name is a reference to his past?
- Baptism/past sins motif?
- Maybe lost a child?
- May have been on or near the Nullarbor before being teleported to Launceston by the Cirque
- Smokes to keep away fae spirits?