|Order:||Guardians of the Veil ••|
|Cabal:||The Southern Parapet|
|Storyteller:||[mailto: Launceston VST]|
- 1 Personal Information
- 2 Timeline
- 3 Quotes by
- 4 Quotes about
- 5 Conversations
- 6 Rumours
- 7 Inspirations and Soundtrack
Nephilim appears slightly younger than she is, around 28 perhaps. She stands at 172cm tall, and weighs in at 58kg. She is a lithe young woman and if not for her incredible intellect and exceptional surgical skills, she would make the perfect trophy wife. She has dark blond hair that she sometimes dyes very blond or dark brown.
The world becomes softer and more gentle. Angel wings appear on her back while a halo appears above her head. Nephilim radiates warmth while a faint heavenly choir of indistinct sound can be heard softly in the distance.
Gentle, friendly, and kind, Nephilim truly just wants what is best for the world. She became a doctor to help people, and a surgeon because she loved the fast pace, life-saving work she does.
- Good people.
- Good food and drink.
- Her work, and all the good that comes from it.
- Baby animals, and adult animals.
- Really soft mink blankets.
- Bad people.
- Bad food and drink.
- Cheap linen.
- Those not willing to help others, even though they have the means to do so.
- Being a mother.
- Operating in stressful or intense circumstances.
- Making split second, life saving decisions.
- Far too stubborn for her own good sometimes.
- Understanding people means that her insults can be rather cutting when she is upset.
- Big Spiders. Big Panda's are fine, Spiders are not.
- Failing to save the life of someone who comes to her willingly.
- Interior Decorating.
- Eating good food and drink.
Nephi, Ange, Angelique, My Darling Wife, Mum.
This background is here for background connection uses only, and is considered OOC knowledge unless agreed to between the players.
- 1983 - Born 2nd February in Bordeaux, France.
- 1994 - Emigrates to Melbourne, Australia with her family.
- 1995 - Starts years 7 at Dandenong High School, age 12. Meets Colin, and the two do not have much to do with each other.
- 1996 - Starts dancing at Elite Cheer and Dance Academy. As one of the popular girls, her and her friends are obviously friends with the jocks.
- 1998 - several of the girls develop crushes on the jocks. Some start dating. Angelique develops a crush on Colin, but he has a few girlfriends over the year.
- 1999 - Anquelique's parents move back to France. At her request, she remains. They purchase an apartment that she rents from them on her part time wage while at school.
- 1999 - Angelique and Colin begin dating after one of Colin's boxing matches, in which they go out and have a few drinks together.
- 2000 - Colin moves in with her. She finishes high school.
- 2001 - Starts medical school at the University of Melbourne. Marries Colin, and awakens. Meets a sleepwalker at her university also studying to be a surgeon. The two become close friends.
- 2003 - Her and Colin adopt a son, Alistair.
- 2005 - Completes her medical schooling and surgical specialist training. She and her friend begin their residency. Colin continues with his fights.
- 2006 - Colin comes home one evening and tells her of his desire to visit all of the east coast states to seek out his 'Path of Enlightenment'. She travels with him on these journeys. She also completes her residency along with her surgical friend, and they become a wonderful two person team. While other team members come and go, the friend remains.
- 2008 - Angelique is posted to Darwin, and her friend moves with her. On the base it is restricted to her and her assistant much of the time. They operate excellently in these conditions and it comes down to the two of them deciding they will work alone in their team. During her time there Angelique has a patient die due a ‘nurse’s mistake. It is the first patient death to be anywhere near her record, even though it is not her fault.
- 2009 - Unable to deal with the loss of the patient, she moves back to Darwin. Her assistant moves back a month later.
- 2011 - Lands a job at a prestigious hospital in Melbourne where she can choose which patients she operates on. Patients flock and her work as a trauma surgeon flourishes. She has to turn some people away and this weighs a little on her.
- 2016 - Surgical assistant moves to Launceston. She is disappointed by this, but accepts he must go. They agree to work together if they ever end up in the same place again.
- 2017 - Moves to Launceston.
- FEB 2017 - on the 12th Big Panda and Nephilim move to Launceston, calling ahead to let Circe know that they will be in town. Nephilim runs into Astraeus while shopping and he informs her of some of the goings on. Her and Big Panda come along to the Consillium meeting on the 19th, where she runs into Thoth again.
- MAR 2017 - At the gathering, Big Panda spend some time at the convocation hall before leaving abruptly due to an emergency.
- APR 2017 - Nephilim and Big Panda have a good time with friends before they enter a maze in which the gathering find the soul stone of Circe's dead husband. It raises more questions than it answers, and Circe is rushed back to their place for 'treatment'.
- MAY 2017 - The two were distracted at No-One's gathering and discussion at the university. As an apology, Nephilim has him around for morning tea and a good chance to talk with Andromeda.
- JUN 2017 - Big Panda and Nephilim are late, but they arrive in time to look after Not-Sure, who's safety they are concerned for. Nephilim and Sol have a good sit down and talk. They organise to have tea later to further discuss the issues and world-views of one another.
- JUL 2017 -
"I'm a surgeon, I took a Hippocratic oath and I save lives any way I can. But don't assume that I need anaesthesia to knock you out."
- - when underestimated by others.
" PANDA! Stop getting blood on the couch, you're ruining the furniture!"
- - a common complaint to her husband.
- "The pair of them have the kind of relationship I always dreamed of, as a kid. A modern fairytale."
- "GG can assemble a person quicker than anyone could disassemble them"
- - Rifling
- "Does she Hate me because I like her Friend? Or does she Hate me because I'm Free Council? Its hard to tell with the Guardians they are all wankers in some way"
- - Invar
- "Most of my friends are men. Maybe that comes from my time in the Army. One may assume that i'm friends with Nephilim because she's the wife of my good friend, but that does not come close to the truth. Yes, im close to Panda, we have much in common, and I could not ask for a better Arrow to have my back. But when the demons come calling, or when I need that kind of company that only a girls night can provide, Nephilim is there to feed my belly and my soul."
- - Circe
- "Nephi? Ummm.... jeez, what can I possibly say about Nephi? She's, she's really great ya know. Patched me up more times than I deserve, and is always really nice and kind and caring to me... She's... she kinda reminds me of what it was like to have a mum."
- - Medea
- "My Wife, My Love, My greatest achievement. We awoke together. It was our wedding day. not often you get to watch the most beautiful woman, your future wife walk down the Aisle to a literal chorus of angels."
- "Sometimes I feel sorry for Big Panda"
- - Sol
Nephilim: "I have a patient presenting PTSD symptoms but I am a surgeon, not a psychologist. A young male possibly."
Astraeus: "Speak to his family?"
Nephilim: "In the four months I've seen him around, he's not once been with family, and he will not speak of them. He has isolated himself and when a woman came along, he clung so tight to her for support, perhaps too tightly."
Astraeus: "I think that talking to him will help. It will take time if he has been dealing with it by himself for a long time."
Nephilim: "Indeed. We can't save everyone."
Astraeus: "You are a good doctor Nephilim, you can save the boy."
Nephilim: "Yes I can. After all, we wouldn't want him winding up like you have, would we Doctor Quinn?"
- - Nephilim using an analogy on a rather drunk Astraeus.
- Seems a bit too entranced at times with her husband's guns.
- They're... really nice guns, though.
- Does he even have a license for them?!
- They're... really nice guns, though.
- Her proudest achievement is marrying him.
- I hear that his was marrying her.
- In every relationship someone is reaching, and someone is settling, it’s pretty obvious who is who.
- Is the most successful trauma surgeon in Launceston.
- Because she has a perfect record or because she's hot and everyone wants her inside them?
- Her and Circe are really good friends.
- Their differences help them stay close.
- When she orders her White Russians at the Cock and Crown she just asks for a Circe.
- Once knocked Medea out cold because she refused to go to sleep.
- Thoth is always watching his back... except when she's around.
Inspirations and Soundtrack
TV Shows and Movies
- - "I've seen a man, a blind man who can see... because his other senses are so amplified. And this other man who survived a shotgun blast to his head and recovered from a brain haemorrhage in a few hours! And they both needed my help. I think that's what I want to do, help people with abilities."
- - "I'll always be there when you really need me to patch you up."
- - "He gave me ambition that made me want to become a good person. A good person is different from a good man & a good woman."
- - "Although it's nice avoiding things that can be avoided, things that are meant to find you... will find you."
- - "After I susceeded, I realised that success is only sweet when you have someone to share it with."
- - "You have to wait until the final moment in life to find the meaning of life given to you. You have to go until the end."
- - Why people don't mess with her.
- The Cab - Angel With A Shotgun - Big Panda: Get out your guns, battle's begun, are you a saint or a sinner, if love's a fight then I shall die, with my heart on a trigger, they say before you start a war, you better know what you're fighting for, well, baby, you are all that I adore, if love is what you need, a soldier I will be. Sometimes to win, you've got to sin, don't mean I'm not a believer.
- Florrie - Real Love - Her and Big Panda: I can't pin you down, you're like catching open air, you make me laugh out loud, lying in your underwear, on your leather couch, I just wanna keep you there. If this is real love, beating like a thousand drums love, feel you running through my veins love, you're the only one I want.
- The Chainsmokers - Something Just Like This - Her and Big Panda: But she said, where'd you wanna go, how much you wanna risk, I'm not looking for somebody, with some superhuman gifts, some superhero, some fairytale bliss, Just something I can turn to, somebody I can kiss, I want something just like this.
- The Turtles - So Happy Together - Big Panda for her: Imagine me and you, I do, I think about you day and night, it's only right, to think about the girl you love and hold her tight, so happy together, I can't see me lovin' nobody but you, for all my life, when you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue, for all my life, ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba, ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba ba-ba-ba-ba, me and you and you and me, no matter how they toss the dice, it had to be, the only one for me is you, and you for me, so happy together.
- Train - I Will Remember - Astraeus and Medea's relationship: Did you ever do drugs, it's like love, have you ever done love, it's like a drug, it'll mess you up good, mess you up bad, make you fall harder than you ever had, did you ever get dumped, by somebody that you thought was the one, but somebody told you that you're not the one for them, and then your friends all say, they've been cheating on you anyway. Did you give it all you got, 'til your heart went snap, crackle, pop? Did you ever get drunk because of love, did it put you in a funk when it was over, did it pick you up high, knock you down low, did it make you wish hard that you didn't know? If you're up, if you're down, if you're lost, if you're found, just remember that we're bound to love.
- [ - ] - []: .
- - Nephilim seeing Circe upon being told that she'd had a building dropped on her, September 2008.
- - Big Panda and Nephilim.
- Nephilim and Circe
- "Once upon a time, an angel and a devil pressed their hands to their hearts. And started the apocalypse."
- - Laini Taylor
- Once upon a time, an angel and a devil held a wishbone between them. And it's snap split the world in two."
- - Laini Taylor
- "Once upon a time, an angel and a devil dared to imagine a new way of living. One without massacres, torn throats, and bonfires of the fallen. One without children ripped from their mothers arms to take their turn in the killing and dying."
- - Laini Taylor
- "Once upon a time, an angel lay dying in the mist. And a devil knelt over her and smiled."
- - Laini Taylor