JD Macdonald is a businessman, problem-solver and hand-for-hire. His personal views on the Masquerade - that *someone* has to take responsibility for the mistakes of others - lead him to the Invictus, but he hasn't displayed enough drive to advance very far through their ranks. More than competent enough to get off of the bottom rung, but not driven (or maybe foolish) enough to take on the existing hierarchy. Either in line or against his wishes, JD MacDonald was instructed to establish a Domain in Wittenoom. The Invictus saw advantage in 'owning' a mining town who's export was a flame-retardant mineral that could be used to make insulation, roofing, clothing and filters for gas masks. Over the last century he's been responsible for some terrible things, reaching a low point in humanity in the 1960's. Since then he has struggled against the Beast and reclaimed his lost humanity. He knows how hard the climb is, but that only goes some of the way to removing the temptation of the quick and easy fix. The fall has left its marks though, regardless of how far JD has climbed back up.
Country business - riding boots, blue jeans, button shirt and suit jacket. Rarely seen without his wide-brimmed hat.
Striking blue eyes. Disturbing black eyes. This casual dress has lead to the nickname "blue-jeans prince".
JD frequently finds himself pushing the bounds of polite converation by not knowing (or maybe caring) about how others react to being asked awkward questions.
JD MacDonald is no longer known in the mortal world. He makes reasonable use of aliases for each city he has spent time in, and rarely stays longer than a decade in any one place.
Information Known by Kindred Society
JD Macdonald is currently the Prince of Wittenoom, for what that's worth.
Please feel free to use for character ties.
- 1876 - Born. Welcome to Humanity.
- 1904 - Embraced by Yr Ysgolhaigh
- 1914 - Petitions to join the Invictus
- 1915 - Sent northern WA to contribute to an Invictus mining operation
- 1939 - Worked as an underling at Yampire Gorge
- 1942 - Faked his death during a bombing raid at Port Hedland
- 1943 - Transferred to Wittenoom Gorge
- 1950 - Wittenoom gains official town status
- 1954 - Embraces Al Jameson
- 1959 - Travels to Perth to investigate the Circle of the Crone slaughter at the hands of VII and returns to Brisbane with Yr Ysgolhaigh
- 1960 - Stays by the torpored side of Yr Ysgolhaigh
- 1965 - Yr Ysgolhaigh wakes, JD MacDonald returns to Wittenoom
- 1966 - Wittenoom begins to shut down due to unprofitability
- 1975 - The Strix arrive in Perth.
- 1993 - Wittenoom airport closed
- 2006 - Wittenoom taken off of the power grid
- 2007 - Wittenoom loses it's official town status
- 2015 - Wittenoom population is 6
- 2018 - Wittenoom population is 3
- OCT - Adelaide Conclave, reintroduced himself to the greater kindred society. Was mugged by a ghoul for vitae. That ghoul is now indentured to him.
- NOV - Tacitly Acknowledged in Adelaide, begins plans for a tapioca factory.
- DEC - Began investigating a ghost ship of the coast of Adelaide with Al Jameson and Helena.
- JAN - Added a small conspiracy theory magazine to his sphere of influence.
- FEB - Promoted to "Ambassador to the Mages of Adelaide". Made a deal with a Volcano Elemental. Yeah, let's see how well that works out for him.
- MAR -
- APR -
- MAY -
- JUN - Covertly left Adelaide to have secret meetings with unknown Elders in secret locations.
- JUL - Assisted werewolves deal with Storm Spirits that were flooding Adelaide. Made peaceful contact with the Seers of the Throne.
- AUG - Travelled to Brisbane to confront their leadership over national level breaches of the Masquerade. Officially began liaising between the First and Second Estates. Eyes turned black.
- SEP - Travelled to Brisbane for the Council of Elders. Spent most of a day in the sun. A monkey stole his hat. May have experienced delusions. Was noticed by the Gods. Did not frenzy (Tempted x6).
- OCT -
- NOV - Put on trial by the Wizards of Adelaide for crimes against some kind of metallic law.
- DEC -
- JAN - Spent a lot of time running around and sorting out some kind of international business deal.
- FEB - Seen in Brisbane playing high-stakes poker with Wizards, Elders and Mekhet. Apparantly did quite well.
- MAR - Met the Lunes for the first time. Decided *NOT* to tell anyone about it. Signed up to a fight club run by a Blood Talon. Got his ass kicked.
- APR - On consecutive nights staked kindred who breached Elysium in Canberra.
Full Lineage ✔️ = Approved for play || 💀 = Dead || ⚰️ = Torpored || ❓ = Missing || 🔒 = Retired PC
- NPC - Ordo Dracul - Details still being approved
- Yr Ysgolhaig (Brisbane) ✔️
- Rebekah (NPC) 💀
- Mireti al-Narha (NPC)
- JD MacDonald (Adelaide) ✔️
- Yr Ysgolhaig (Brisbane) ✔️
- Yr Ysgolhaigh - Unaligned
- "You're going to need a bigger boat." (talking to conspiracy theorists who are about to investigate a ghost-ship)
- "Take it, Theodore! It's the best offer you're going to get all night!" (when overhearing Margarete Wulfhild offering to toss Theodore - from one building to another)
- "There's no monopoly on stupid." (discussing Javier's attack on the Brisbane Parliament)
- "Stare into the shadow, and it stares back." (conversation with Bethany)
- "Is this the kind of conversation where I need a drink so I can spray it dramatically across the room?" "Yes" "I'll go and get a drink." (overheard when talking to Terry Russell)
- "I do not hear of him. This is good, because I hear of stupid and careless ones" - Zarifah Omarkhali to Justinian
- "Look, this dude's prepared to Man up and fight side by side with brutal killers like us. He's alright and deserves a chance to Die Gloriously like the rest of us" - Buzz
- "A Prince of 3? that makes him Sannōji-san!" - 慈善聡
- Zarifah - "What did they do to you?"
- JD Macdonald - "Some blood magic. It slowed me down. I don't know what they call the spell. It's not like they yell 'magic missile' when they do their rituals."
- Justinian - “In the past some of them have. Idiots”
- - private meeting in the Orange chapel
Inspirations and Soundtrack
- Blue Skye Mine - Midnight Oil
- Rocks - Primal Scream
- Red Right Hand - Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds